Sunday, December 14, 2014

A progressive situation "is" one in which an activity is( was/will be/would be) in progress during or at a particular time.

Using progressive verv forms in conditional sentences.

a) True:                 It is raining right now, so I will not go for a walk.
b) Conditional:     If it were not raining right now, I would go for a walk.

c) True:                I am not living in Chile. I am not working at a bank.
d) Conditional:    If I were living in Chile, I would be working at a bank.

e) True:               It was raining yesterday afternoon, so I did not go for a walk.
f) Conditional:    If it had not been raining, I would have gone for a walk.

g) True:               I was not living in Chile last year. I was not working at a bank.
h) Conditional:   If I had been living in Chile last year, I would have been working at a bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment