Sunday, December 14, 2014

Exercise 11. Review: conditional sentences.  page 421

1. You should tell your father exactly what happened. If I were you, I would tell him the truth as soon as possible.

2. If I had had my camera with me yesterday, I would have taken a picture of Alex standing in his head.

3. I am almost ready to plant my garden. I have a lot of seeds. Maybe I have more that I need. If I have  more seeds that I need, I will give some to my neighbor.

4. George has only two pairs of socks. If he had more than two pairs of socks, he would not have to wash his socks so often.

5. The cowboy pulled his gun to shoot at the rattlesnake, but he was too late. If he had been quicker to pull the trigger, the shake would not been bitten him on the foot. It is a good thing he was wearing heavy leather boots.

6. What would we use to look at ourselves when we comb our hair if we did not have mirrors?

7. It 's been a long drought. It has not rained for over a month. If it does not rain soon, a lot of crops will die. If the corps die, many people will go hungry this coming winter.

8. According to one scientific theory, an asteroid collided with the earth millions of years ago, causing great changes in the earth's climate. Some scientists believe that if this asteroid had not collided with the earth, the dinosaurs would not have become extinct. Can you imagine what  would be like today if dinosaurs still existed ?



No comments:

Post a Comment