Sunday, December 14, 2014

Exercise 13 Conditional sentences.



1. I do not have a pen, but if I did, I would lend it to you.

2. He is busy right now, but if he were not, he would help us.

3. I did not vote in the last election, but if I had, I would have voted for Senator A.

4. I do not have enough money, but if I did, I would buy that book.

5. The weather is cold today, but if it were not, I would buy that book.

6. She did not come, but if she had,she would have met my brother.

7. I am not a good cook, but if I were, I would make all of my own meals.

8. I have to go to class this afternoon, but if I did not, I would go downtown with you.

9. He did not go to a doctor, but if he had, the cut on his hand would not have gotten infected.

10. I always pay my bills. If I did not, I would get in a lot of trouble.

11. Helium is lighter than air. If it were not, a helium-filled balloon would not gloat upward.

12. I called my husband to tell him I would be late. If I had not, he would have gotten worried about
me.

No comments:

Post a Comment