Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Progressive verb forms in conditional sentences

Exercise 12 page 423

1. It is snowing, so I will not go with you. But if it were not snowing, I would go with you.

2. The child is crying because his mother is not here. But if she were here, the child would not be crying.

3.You were not listening, so you did not understand the directions. But if you had been listening, you would have understood the directions.

4. Joe got a ticket because he was driving too fast. But if he had not been driving too fast, he would not have gotten a ticket.

5.  I was listening to the radio, so I heard the news bulletin. But if I had not been listening to the radio, I would not have heard the news bulletin.

6. Grandpa is not wearing his hearing aid because it is broken. But if it were not broken, Grandpa  would be wearing it.

7. You were sleeping, so I did not tell you the news as soon as I heard it. But if you had not been sleeping, I would have told you the news as soon as I heard it.

8. I am enjoying myself, so I will not leave. But if I were not enjoying myself, I would leave.


No comments:

Post a Comment